March 5, 2020
The Dixon R-I School District is monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. As of noon today, we have not been advised of any COVID-19 cases anywhere in Missouri.
District personnel remain in regular contact with county health officials and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to ensure the district has the latest news regarding the State of Missouri. In addition, district personnel regularly review national communications from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DOH).
Individuals may check the CDC website for updated information on the COVID-19 disease at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Since this is also cold and flu season, Dixon R-I custodians have been conducting ongoing extra deep cleanings and disinfecting wipes have been delivered to each of our school buildings for daily use.
Medical experts indicate the best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are the same recommendations for preventing the spread of the flu; the CDC recommends these steps:
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or to cough into your elbow. Throw the tissue in the trash after using it.
· Practice good handwashing techniques. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
· Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
· If your child is sick with flu-like symptoms, CDC recommends that your child stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. The fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medication.
· While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from spreading the illness.
· Take antiviral medications if your doctor prescribes them.
As this situation transforms and evolves, we will place any new information received from local and state health officials on our District website www.dixonr1.com
Dixon R-I Schools