DIXON HIGH SCHOOL A+ PROGRAM
To be eligible, each student must enter into a written agreement with the school prior to high school graduation, and will:
- Attend a designated A+ school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation
- Graduate from high school with GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Achieve at least a cumulative 95% attendance record for the 4 year period during high school (summer school doesn't affect this cumulative data)
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid approved academic tutoring or mentoring in a school supervised setting
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs and alcohol
In order to obtain financial incentives, the student must attend an A+ designated school for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation.
- The student must enroll at Dixon High School no later than 2 weeks after the beginning of the fall term of the student's sophomore year unless transferring from a designated A+ school.
- Students and parents must complete and sign the A+ Participation and Citizenship Agreements.
- Students who are military dependents are exempt from the "3 consecutive years in an A+ school" requirement with proof of dependent status.
Students are expected to attend school regularly and to be on time for classes. Therefore, the student will develop habits of punctuality, self-discipline, and responsibility. The cumulative attendance rate for 9th- 12th grade must be at least 95%.
- Financial incentives to attend an A+ participating community or technical college.
- Opportunity to learn about jobs at the place of business as well as in the classroom.
- College credits while still in high school.
- Tutoring and mentoring experience.
- Career plans to prepare for an occupation, with additional training upon graduation.
- Encouragement to attend school and work hard.
- Experience using computers and other modern equipment to solve problems.