Welcome to the Dixon High School athletic program. It is our hope that all experiences for student-athletes be educational, rewarding and challenging. Athletics is one of the vehicles that teaches some of the many life skills necessary to become a successful member of society. It is our hope that all students grow emotionally, mentally, socially, and physically through athletics. We encourage students to participate in as many programs as their time and talent will permit. Due to conflicts in seasons, practice times, schedules, etc., some choices will have to be made by the student.
All student athletes will carry the following responsibilities:
- Striving to achieve sound citizenship and desireable social traits, including emotional control, honesty, cooperation, dependability, and respect for others and their abilities.
- Maintaining academic, citizenship, and eligibility standards as established by the MSHSAA and Dixon R-I Board of Education.
- Learning the spirit of hard work and sacrifice.
- Learning to attain physical fitness through good health habits.
- Desiring to excel to the limits of your potential.
- Showing respect for both authority and property.
- Be willing to accept the leadership role that is instilled through the athletics program.